At the heart of Taylored Expressions is our mission to share joy through the gift of handmade cards. We believe the simple gesture of creating and sending a handmade card carries extraordinary potential to make the world a more joyful and hopeful place. Doing this by ourselves is not nearly as fun as seeing hundreds of card makers around the world join together to bring joy to thousands of people. So as TE turned 10 in September 2018 we launched a birthday-themed Share Joy Campaign!
The focus of this Share Joy Campaign is on creating and distributing birthday cards to retirement communities, long-term care facilities, and nursing homes across the United States. We have several organizations that will accept cards, and we’re looking for more. The cards you make will be used in at least two ways:
• For residents to send to loved ones for their birthdays
• For staff members to celebrate resident’s birthdays
In these ways we hope to make thousands of people feel special on their birthday, because they are! In fact as of November 2018 we had already received well over 4000 cards!
The campaign is set to run through the end of 2018 and we would love for you to join us!
As you think about joining in this campaign there are some guidelines to be aware of:
Guidelines for Card Donations
1. A2 cards only, no envelopes necessary
2. Themes: Happy Birthday, of course! Adults, children, male, female - any birthday theme is welcome! Preferably not cards with a specific age on them (i.e. Look Who’s Turning 1). Birthday sentiments can be stamped on the inside of your card or leave the inside blank.
3. TE products are NOT required to donate to Share Joy, but cards created with TE stamps/dies may be eligible for a special feature on the TE Blog or social media!
4. Mail your card(s) to the following address:
Attn: Share Joy Campaign
121 SE Shurfine Drive Suite 3
Ankeny, Iowa 50021
Thank you in advance for sharing joy with your cards! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
For information on previous Share Joy campaigns, please visit this page.